|Larry Bates, Tony Sancho and Christian Barillas in The Motherf**ker with the Hat.|
.Playgoers filled the house in the Julianne Argyros Stage for opening weekend of The Motherf**ker with the Hat. They were joined by area theatre reviewers, who came away with high praise for SCR’s production. Here’s a sampling of what they’ve said about the show:
|Elisa Bocanegra and Tony Sancho |
- The Orange County Register’s Paul Hodgins calls it “…edgy…raucous…a bumpy, obscene and exhilarating ride...undeniably entertaining.”
- James Scarborough, in the Huffington Post says the play is “funny and tender…the dialogue is pyrotechnic.”
- Eric Marchese, in Backstage, calls The Motherf**ker with the Hat “ruthlessly funny” and adds it “pulls no punches.”
- Charles McNulty, in the Los Angeles Times, says The Motherf**ker with the Hat is “exhilarating.”
- Don Shirley, writing for LA Stage Times, says the show is “unusually original.”
- Stage Scene LA: "Easily rivals Broadway's best"
- Garden Grove Journal: "Hilarious and touching"
- Daily Pilot: "Gripping ... with moments of outrageous hilarity"
- Hollywood Reporter: "This crack production should please a wide spectrum of theatergoers"
- Theatre Times:"Honest and humorous"
.Want to experience the play for yourself? Get your tickets today.